Saturday, April 07, 2007

Same-sexer/ homosexual versus “gay”

I'm happy to be called a homosexual man: a same-sexer. I don't like being described as “gay”. For me, “gay” means an uncritical, passive acceptance of cosmopolitan consumer capitalism, like a sheep. A silly pink sheep decorated with ribbons and bells and bows.

I prefer to think for myself.

Even worse is LGBTT&I. I don't want to be lumped together with a bunch of in-betweenies like Tinky Winky from the Teletubbies. Or some unisex freak from Dr. Dolittle such as the Pushmi-pullyu which doesn't know whether it's coming or going.

I've got far more in common with a happy straight man, even if he's not “gay”, than a man who wants to chop off his cock.

The politically-correct term “sexual orientation” is just as bad, a Cultural Marxist catch-all that can include pedophiliacs, necrophiliacs or worse (probably involving a Pushmi-pullyu). DOWN WITH “DIVERSITY”!

No wonder “gay” has become a joke; an insult.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Stopard said...

Outstanding...


I recently had to write an essay on Critical Theory and the subject I chose was a Queer Reading of Conrad's Heart of Darkness. I found the Cultural Marxism within the course to be almost unbearable. Needless to say, my conclusion was that Heart of Darkness was not an ideal source for Queer analysis. The core chauvanism and macho/adventuring aspect of the novel were the main reasons.

I'm curious...if you're concerned with the Marxian catch-all "sexual orientation", why are you also adamant that your "homosexual" identification should stand up to scrutiny?

8:10 AM  
Blogger Jason Oliver said...

ah...a fellow New Righter in SE London...I am in Deptford..maybe we should chinwag...

4:03 PM  
Blogger Stanislaus Turba said...

A classical term is paederast, but all expressions are already labelled by the affluent society, als is wasted and labelled and labelled...

3:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Homosexual is as bad as gay, I'd say. It's a 19th century concoction used by a jewish-german psychiatrist to describe the behaviour of certain lunatics in an assylum. Plato talks in the symposium of the difference between Aphrodite Urania (celestial) and the most popular one, pandemia. To these two versions of the goddess he ascribes also an Eros, the celestial one favouring the love among comrades. Gide, in his book Corydon, retakes this idea and speaks of "uranism" (but I guess this word might have a connotation in english that doesn't have in french; school kids would get a laugh out of it). I am not sure if you are familiar with the work of Adolf Brandt, if you aren't I strongly recommend you to check him out.
I enjoy reading your blog very much, keep up the good job!

1:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home